Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups
Preparing breakfast for overnight guests is always tricky for me.
There’s always the crowd pleasing pancakes and waffles, but of course that leaves me stuck in the kitchen.
And then there’s the issue of battling guilt laden, calorie heavy breakfasts with my natural tendencies towards lighter fare.
These little gems, however, kind of swing both ways. Guests can take as many as they want to fill their appetite.
Bacon, Egg, Toast Cups (adapted from the Noshery)
12 pieces of whole wheat sandwich bread
6 strips of bacon
- Using a 3″ (7.5 cm) biscuit cutter, cut the center out of each piece of bread.
- In a microwave, cook bacon 3 minutes. The bacon will be partially cooked.
- With kitchen shears, cut the bacon in half lengthwise.
- Prepare a 12 tin muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place a bread round in the bottom on each muffin tin.
- Line the side of the cup with a strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for ten minutes.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin and return to over to bake for 7-10 minutes more or until set.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 17 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4