Nutella Swirl Blondies
I remember the very first time I had Nutella. I was at BlogHerFood 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. I was sitting in a coffee shop with Josie and Courtney poring over the most delicious looking coffee and breakfast menu. Courtney’s description of the deliciousness of Nutella pretty much sealed the deal on my breakfast. I do believe my fancy coffee and my breakfast crepes were doused in a healthy dose of the chocolatey hazelnut goodness.
When Josie sent the email out about Courtney’s virtual baby shower, I immediately knew I was going to make something with Nutella for her. I KNOW she adores it and I know if she was able to have this dessert in real life, she’d be in heaven.
As I was stirring the Nutella into the blondie batter I started thinking about this entry on the blog and deciding what I wanted to tell you about Courtney. The first thing that popped into my mind was how much she loves her husband. Her love for Eric is just obvious and inspiring. That fact alone is going to make them the best parents.
Nutella Swirl Blondies (Gingerbread Bagels)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature
3 1/2 Tablespoons Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 by 8 baking pan and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the packed light brown sugar, melted unsalted butter and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, mix in the beaten egg.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until almost combined.
- Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Evenly spread the blondie batter into the baking pan.
- Measure out the Nutella. Drop the Nutella on top of the blondie batter.
- Drop the Nutella in three rows. (three drops in each row)
- Swirl the Nutella up and down. Then back and forth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8