Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
You know those magazine subscriptions that you get for a good deal and that hold onto your credit card number so that the subscription can be easily renewed the next year (at, unfortunately, a higher rate)?
Yeah, not me. I don’t hate it one darn bit. My mom, on the other hand, who got weaseled into accidentally buying me another year’s worth of Vegetarian Times might have a different opinion.
I hoard the magazines when they come in the mail for rainy days where I’m stuck on my treadmill rather than running outside. I savor reading each and every recipe so that time on the dreadmill flies by quickly.
Cauliflower is a vegetable that my husband and I both love, however, he likes it raw and I love it cooked. I seriously try to cut it up in secret so that he doesn’t steal florets off the chopping block before I get a chance to cook ‘em up.
This recipe from Vegetarian Times, though, might change that preference. I love that it uses tahini – an ingredient that comes in such large packages and I very rarely use!
Roasted Tahini Cauliflower (adapted from Vegetarian Times)
1 head cauliflower, cleaned and chopped into florets
3 tablespoons tahini
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup warm water
olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13″ roasting dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together tahini, warm water, cumin, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower with tahini dressing. Coat thoroughly.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over top and serve warm.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)