If I had replaced the eggroll wrapper with a tortilla in this recipe, I would have had a delicious dinner that was totally not worth sharing on the blog.
These eggrolls are baked but could easily be fried if you choose to do so. The baked variety is not quite as crispy as a fried variety would be, but it is still crunchy delicious.
I freeze eggroll wrappers all the time and they thaw just perfectly so this basically becomes a pantry meal if you keep the ingredients on hand. This is super perfect for a last minute dinner or hosting guests.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package egg roll wrappers (about 24 total)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the egg roll wrappers, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat oven to 425º. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with a pointed end toward you.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of filling in the bottom center of the wrapper.
- Fold the tip closest to you over the filling, then roll once. Fold the sides in over the filling and continue rolling until a small area of the last point is left. Dip a finger in water and use it to moisten the remaining point. Roll tightly to seal. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Lightly mist the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through baking to brown both sides.
- Serve warm with your salsa.