Vanilla Cupcakes for 2
I sat down to write this blog post and immediately tried to recall the last time I saw Krystal as a way to introduce the cupcakes I made for her virtual baby shower.
Then I realized that actually I’ve never met Krystal. Oddly, I totally feel like I have! I’ve watched her blossom into an awesome mother to their 1 year old little girl; she’s given me advice about what to order at In-N-Out; I’ve seen her excitement swell over the upcoming birth of her baby boy.
I decided to make a recipe for Krystal’s virtual baby shower that Krystal might find useful now that she’s a mom of two under almost-1-year! This recipe makes a small batch of cupcakes, requires no mixer, and is surprisingly delicious. The cupcakes bake up in 11 minutes flat, dome perfectly, and quench any craving for sweets.
Krystal and Eric, enjoy your new family of four! To see more participants in Krystal’s virtual baby shower, check out Eva Bakes.
Vanilla Cupcakes for Two (slightly adapted from How Sweet Eats)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg white and sugar with a whisk until combined and frothy.
- Add vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in milk.
- Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.