Wonton Chicken Tacos
Update: The giveaway is now closed. Lucky commenter #3, Becky, was randomly chosen by random.org to win Nicole’s book! Congratulations!
This post is nothing but a celebration for my friend Nicole of PreventionRD. A lot of times we food bloggers refer to our friends, and though they may be people we correspond with and feel like we know, they are people we have never met face to face. I am thankful to say that is not the case for Nicole and me. We have met on multiple occasions and simply put Nicole is fun to be around. As much fun as she is (and I’m not kidding when I say it is nonstop laughing), she gets down to business when it is time to be serious, such as writing and photographing her own cookbook.
There are many bloggers today posting recipes from Nicole’s Cookbook, Prevention RD’s Everyday Healthy Cooking, and the recipe I chose for this online celebration is pictured below.
These wonton chicken tacos are the cutest idea. They are devoured in two bites, low calorie, are perfect for game day snacking or appetizers (or you can have a whole mess of them as your entree), and can be adapted to suit many tastes. They would be awesome with black beans instead of chicken for a vegetarian option.
Nicole’s cookbook is full of beautiful recipes that I’d like to try and I’m happy to announce that I’m hosting a giveaway of the cookbook so that you can try them, too! Just leave a comment on this post by midnight EST Wednesday, September 19th, 2013 and Nicole’s publisher will ship this book to you if you are chosen at random! Do me a favor and hop on over to Nicole’s blog, Prevention RD, and show her some love!
Wonton Chicken Tacos (adapted from Prevention RD’s Everyday Healthy Cooking)
- 12 square wonton wrappers
- 3 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup 2% Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- juice from half a lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken, cheese, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
- Place one wonton wrapper into each well of a 12-well muffin tin.
- Distribute chicken mixture amongst the wells.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until wontons are lightly browned.
- Remove wontons from oven, top with lettuce, tomato, and onion, and serve immediately.