Tyrokafteri (Spicy Feta Cheese Spread)
I am sort of unstoppable around chips and dip. My stomach stops sensing the “I’m full” feelings and the fact that surely another meal is ahead of me in life completely leaves my mind. I just keep eating and dipping and eating and dipping. It is as if I am hypnotized. Dips, as a result, are saved for special occasions.
…or occasions where I’m eating in front of people and must be polite. I took this dip to a a dinner party where the theme was Greek. It was a hit! We all loved the tangy zip from the peppers and feta cheese. A bonus was that the recipe was incredibly easy to put together. I doubled the recipe below for 6-8 people.
Tyrokafteri (Spicy Feta Cheese Spread) adapted from Elly Says Opa
- 4-6 jarred banana pepper rings, drained
- 1/3 lb. good feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Add the peppers, feta, Greek yogurt, and cider vinegar to the bowl of a food processor and processes until fairly smooth.
- With the processor running, slowly add the oil until it is combined. Add more or less depending on your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.