Tomato, Peach, and Cucumber Salad
We live in Peach Country, SC. We are even a part of the local Peach Festival every year.
Naturally, any peach lover would agree that the best way to eat peaches is to dive in, get sloppy, and enjoy the fruit in its natural state. But sometimes a person buys more peaches than she can eat in a given week. And you find yourself eating peaches with and for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is another great recipe that takes peaches out of your usual comfort zone by pairing them with tomatoes and cucumbers in a salad that is great as a side dish for a summery lunch or dinner.
Tomato and Peach Salad with Almonds (adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine oil, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl. Combine tomato, cucumber, and peach slices in a medium bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Divide evenly among serving plates.
- Top with almonds, mint, salt, and pepper.